[Elphel-support] Photo Finish Mode Issues in 353 FW 8.0.7

Linden Mills-Connery lmillsc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:51:20 PST 2010

Thanks all for the information. I have got FW 8.0.9 and it is working as
expected. I have been doing a bunch of testing and it is working really
well. I have built some PC side acquisition software that grabs an image
when available and runs a simple motion detection algorithm on it to see if
anything happened in that frame then keeps/discards it.

I have made a few observations along that way that you are likely already
aware of.
Changes from the stock settings:
   -WOI_HEIGHT=10912
   -PH_HEIGHT=2
   -AUTO_EXP=0
   -AUTO_WB=0
   -EXP=364

1. With the EXP value set from 1-364, the frame rate is 2287 fps. Setting
the EXP value at 365, causes the frame rate to drop to []. Can the frame
rate be increased higher than 2287 fps?
2. Inceasing the WOI_HEIGHT above 10912 causes a few pixel high strip of odd
colors to be added before returning to the actual data. I assume this has to
do with the embedded timestamp. I am just grabbing the timestamp data from
the imgsrv XML file so is there a way to get rid of this? I would prefer as
large a WOI_HEIGHT value as possible.

Thanks,

Linden