[Elphel-support] 10359 different exposure times

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sat Nov 6 08:42:56 PDT 2010

Andreas,

I've sent you the sensor datasheet that has register map, you may also find
the register number in the driver heade file -
http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/elphel/elphel353-8.0/os/linux-2.6-tag--devboard-R2_10-4/arch/cris/arch-v32/drivers/elphel/mt9x001.h?view=markup-
exposure is called "shutter width" - lower 16 bits in register 9,
higher
bits - in register 8.

To change the exposure you need to disable autoexposure first, because
currently driver "thinks" of the exposure as a common parameter and applies
it two all attached sensors in parallel in broadcast mode (some other
registers, i.e. window height are already treated individually). We'll split
exposures (and gains) too later, when the histogram area (now rectangular)
will be split in 3 - that is used for the autoexposure/white balance.

You may read /write sensor registers directly and "invisible" to the driver
with either fpcf command (try "fpcf -?" for the list of parameters):

fpcf -i2cr16 4a00 100 # read all 256 registers from the sensor on the port 1
fpcf -i2cr16 4c00 100 # read all 256 registers from the sensor on the port 2
fpcf -i2cr16 4e00 100 # read all 256 registers from the sensor on the port 3

fpcf -i2cw16 4a09 1234 # write 0x1234 to the register 0x9 of the sensor on
port 1
fpcf -i2cw16 4809 1234 # write 0x1234 to the register 0x9 of all the sensors
(broadcast)

You may also read/write directly using i2c.php (when you just open it
without parameters it will list the parameters), and of course you may
incorporate the same functionality in your php script