[Elphel-support] how do I reflash the camera via netboot mode?

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Tue Nov 2 11:40:07 PDT 2010

On 11/2/10, Ákos Maróy <akos at maroy.hu> wrote:
> Andrey,

> actually, this web interface resets the IP address, but not the gateway
> or the broadcast address. I was looking in /etc to find where these
> settings are saved, but didn't find then there..
>
> where would I change these manually, via an ssh connection?
>

> Akos

Akos,

Sebastian will look at the problem of not changing those settings and
try to reproduce your case. He may need more input from your.
Changing those settings manually  permanently can be done through the
browser (there is a link on the camera home page)
http://192.168.0.9/admin-bin/editcgi.cgi?file=/etc/conf.d/net.eth0

But after changing that file I would recommend to synchronize the
camera JFFS file system, to keep it happy (i.e. with
wget http://192.168.0.9/phpshell.php?command=sync
or opening that link in the browser,  otherwise camera will complain
about checksum mismatch at every boot in the messages (dmesg) until
that particular block will be overwritten. Command
reboot -f
would synchronize too.