[Elphel-support] how do I reflash the camera via netboot mode?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Tue Nov 2 04:29:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

I wonder if anyone is able to help me. I ordered and received my elphel
camera last week, only to find it not working the day after that.

I tried to get help on this list, on IRC and via direct contact to
elphel about resolving this problem. So far, I have not received help
that would in fact solve this issue. While I've written to elphel, they
have not directly responded to my inquiry. Some people were kind enough
to reply through this mailing list, but unfortunately the help provided
is not so far sufficient to solve my issue. on IRC, no one ever responds
to anything.

I'm pretty much stuck now. I've spend over $1500 on a piece of brick.
can't help to point out my frustration.

I'm giving it a try again: can someone, preferably from elphel, help in
making the camera they just shipped actually work?

at the moment it seems this would be in the form of specific
instructions on how to reset the camera into its original state, which
would mean reflashing via netboot. unfortunately there are no specific
instructions for this on the elphel wiki page.

thank you,

Akos