[Elphel-support] how to re-flash a camera via netboot? (was: initial issues with a new elphel camera)

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Mon Nov 1 12:12:46 PDT 2010

as I can't make my camera work, it seems the next step is to re-flash it
via a netboot process. what I see is that I can get the camera into
netboot as described here:

http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Net-Boot

but it's not clear to me what I'd do aftewards. I downloaded the
image353-8.0.8.48.tar.gz tarball, but this only seems to have reflash
scripts via NFS?

I see references to a 'flashit' utility or script, but I can't find this
tool anywhere, not online or the elphel353-8.0.8.48.tar.gz  tarball either.

would reflashing over the net be basically a series of FTP commands, as
described here: http://www.axis.com/techsup/dev/flash-howto.htm ?

any pointers would be welcome, so as to see how one can easily reset the
camera into its original state.

Akos