[Elphel-support] JP4-HDR

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Fri May 28 22:01:39 PDT 2010

Andreas,

The JP4* formats are illustrated on
http://community.elphel.com/jp4/jp4demo.php . All of them are targeted
to efficiently compress raw Bayer mosaic data, jp4-hdr does it
somewhat better than jus jp46. But for the de-mosaic algorithm
development there is no difference, this is why I suggested to start
with jp46+ImageJ that is possible to decode with unmodified JPEG
library. That plugin reads (and un-applies) the analog gain settings
together with non-linear gamma conversion with the data provided in
the image metadata. So you just need to adjust the 2 green gains to
different values - the easiest would be to disable automatic white
balance and specify all 4 different gains manually.

Andrey