[Elphel-support] Automatic white balance adjustment on the parameters

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Tue May 18 08:02:46 PDT 2010

 lizhipeng

White balancing algorithm only works when there is a little of "white" in
the frame, it fails when the image is overexposed. I believe there are some
parameters that you can adjust that would enable white balancing only when
the conditions are good.

If your image does include overexposed areas (i.e. bright background) the
balancing will not work. The good thing is that normally you do not need
white balancing to work all the time, it is needed only when the lighting is
changed (i.e. from daylight to artificial), so you may disable white
balancing fro most of the times and balance it only when needed. In some
cases you may even have several presets and switch between them.

Andrey