[Elphel-support] PHP EXIF reading functions

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Tue May 11 08:02:08 PDT 2010

Sebastian,

I'm not sure such extension would be very useful in the camera - the camera
resources are limited, so "normal" Exif headers are appended to the outgoing
frames at the very last moment when the frame is being sent out. Internally
camera maintains just the frame-variable part of Exif data, combining it
with the template like printf() fills variable fields in format string with
the actual data.

( see also
http://www.mail-archive.com/support-list@support.elphel.com/msg00281.html )

The camera handling of Exif data is built around that "condensed" data, so
the standard Exif processing software would not be able to read it, such
software is more useful on the host computer.

As for cross-compiling additional modules - we do not have instructions and
the process is not fully automatic. I can only suggest you to look how other
extensions are cross-compiled and use those as examples.