[Elphel-support] linescan mode

Michael Aschauer m at ash.to
Tue May 11 04:32:26 PDT 2010

Dear Andrey,

I had a brief chance to testdrive it - also should do that more, - but
and seems to work!

I have two main question / issues:

* there are two error lines at the end of each frame. Is there a
technical reason for this? Would it easily be possible to get rid of
them before compression?

* variable framerate? I run the linescan with variable framerate (which
worked well with elphel 333). But I have some troubles to figure out how
to do that correctly. That's not just with photofinish mode, but also in
normal mode.

I currently do the linescan on the host computer, streaming a ROI of
2592x48 - depending on quality settings this is possible up to 424
frames per second (and strangely the height of 48 seem to deliver best
performance. it significally drops if below that 48px)

setting the framerate via FPSFLAG and FPSLIM1000 works as expected with
auto-exposure turned on. but if exposure is set manual (which is what I
use), it seems to me exposure time is actually determining the framerate
(and not the FPSLIM1000 setting). I work around that with internal
triggering the camera but that has it's on glitches (for instance
performance strangely drops if exposure time is below 3ms)

and none of both options seem to work well in linescan mode and manual
exposure....

so far,
m,-