[Elphel-support] linescan mode

Michael Aschauer m at ash.to
Tue May 11 07:36:32 PDT 2010

Andrey Filippov:

> the code now is under active development, I started to work on this as I
> needed to make camera work with large frames - it is for the
> multi-sensor arrangements (like stereo or panoramic), and the linescan
> mode was the simplest thing to use to generate large frames, I had jsut
> to fix a few errors. And there definitely could still be some bugs -some
> I'm aware of and working on them, others - are still hiding. So if you
> can send be examples with comments, I would really appreciate that.

I do not have a camera avaible yet and will be on tour next weeks.
But I plan to come back on this topic by end of May and June

>     setting the framerate via FPSFLAG and FPSLIM1000 works as expected
>     with auto-exposure turned on. but if exposure is set manual (which
>     is what I use), it seems to me exposure time is actually determining
>     the framerate (and not the FPSLIM1000 setting). I work around that
>     with internal triggering the camera but that has it's on glitches
>     (for instance performance strangely drops if exposure time is below 3ms)
>

> Can you provide more details? What does "performance strangely drops"
> mean - frame rate? Image quality? Something else? You can upload image
> samples with explanations to our wiki (and make a page about this project).

sorry. yes I meant Framerate decreases (from let's say 250 down to 120
or even less)

hope to do further (and more detailed) testing soon.
also with some (faulty) examples..
here are some of the more good ones - if interested:

http://danubepanorama.net/testing/2010-05-09--vienna-danube-canal/out/

best,
m,-