[Elphel-support] Some questions about Elphel 353

Jens Bürger jens.buerger at cs.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Jun 13 22:47:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

our student group is constantly discovering the various areas of code and structure of the cam, so we  come to additional questions from time to time.

At the moment, we have the following ones:

What is the difference between the elphel_wait_frame_abs and elphel_wait_frame functions?
As I unterstood it, elphel_wait_frame 'syncs' to completed, compressed images, but to what does the _abs-function 'sync'? I think I read somewhere that it 'syncs' to 'all' images. Does this mean, that uncompressed image-data is also available via the Linux-System? If yes: where are they available and how / when do they bypass compressor.v ?

Where is the RTSP-Streaming-Server implemented?
This is /apps/astreamer, right?

Do we have to enable the gstreamer-support somewhere? We did try to connect to the cam via gstreamer, but gstreamer did receive no data.

What does /dev/jpeghead do? It looks like it does some sort of finishing the JPEG-Compression?

What sets the timedelay in the RTSP-Stream? Running some tests, we felt that the delay is actual some seconds.

We are interested in the PHP Constants, as listed in
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_PHP_constants
Where can we find documentation of the meaning / effect of the various constants?

Thank you in advance,
Jens Bürger