[Elphel-support] Temporarily disable the digital compass on 353?

Phil phil at ergovideo.com
Sun Jun 6 07:46:06 PDT 2010

Hi Andrey

Im using the USB also for the exposure via the likoboard so I will wait
until thats been added to the official firmware. Yesterday we spent some
hours filming in the Ardennes & for this trip I turned off the digital
compass (renamed the php file like you said) checked the meta data page & it
seemed to work (no GPS data there). But the issue of the recording being cut
& buffer memory still persisted. I then figured it could be something with
the likoboard so disconnected this & restarted the camera. Still the same
issue with the 353 unable to record at 90%. So Im wondering now if this is
caused by a recent update to the firmware?

 Every film Ive made in the last year has been recorded at 90% & its only
ever stopped recording in very rare situations (under high voltage power
grid lines in the mountains for example). The only difference I can see in
this firmware is with camogmgui & perhaps something installed for the
Likoboard.  I think I had a very early version 8 firmware on the 353 before
I updated. There is the bug you found that you can see when adjusting the
quality level but I think thats been always there. I will test a old version
of camogmgu & report back.

grts Phil