[Elphel-support] Adjusting/Triggerin White Balance

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Wed Jun 2 11:57:17 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Michael Aschauer <m at ash.to> wrote:

> How is it possible to manually trigger and tune white balance?
> Trying the example from
>
> http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/elphel/elphel353-7.1/packages/web/353/php_top/whitebalance.php?view=markup
> gives me:
> <snip>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function elphel_white_balance() in
> /mnt/flash/html/whitebalance.php on line 66
> </snip>
> Is the white_balance function gone in 8.0 firmware?
>
> http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=PHP_in_Elphel_cameras#elphel_white_balance
> best,
> m,-

Michael,

Interface with 8.x software did change. Now you just need to change camera
parameters and drivers will perform actions needed to propagate these
changes. All the parameters are available in PHP extension, for manual
adjustment you may use parsedit.php (that you probably already use). If you
open parsedit.php without any parameters it shows several links, including
one that has parameters related to white balance. I'm not sure how well it
will perform in linescan mode, but it is probably possible to adjust the
parameters for satisfactory result. The problems with linescan mode (both
white balance and autoexposure) could be related to different latency
between changing parameters and histogram data available to the application.