[Elphel-support] help reflashing a 353 camera!

Esteban Correa-Agudelo esteban at sirius.utp.edu.co
Tue Jul 20 11:04:28 PDT 2010

Hi, I have a 353 camera that I need to upgrade, unfortunately LiveDVD (1.5.0
version) does not work to me because I upgrade my pc and It does not detect
the new ethernet hardware. also, unfortunately I couldnt update the camera
firmware using the ./netboot command:
./netboot -d eth0 -ip 192.168.0.9 -nfs 192.168.0.15:/nfs -cmd update

Because something is wrong with the script:

*./netboot: líne 40: cmdline: command not found
cat: kimage: file or directory does not exist
./netboot: líne 44: etraxfsboot: command not found *

Finally I try to make a updated liveDVD (with knoppix 5.3 because I cant
find the knoppix 5.2 ) without success too :(.
when I am executing the livecd-make, its output is :
./livecd-make: 1: Syntax error: Bad fd number note: I am running ubuntu 9.10

tutorials that I have used:
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Firmware_upgrade
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=353_firmware_upgrade_procedure
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu