[Elphel-support] JP4, compression & artefacts

Michael Aschauer m at ash.to
Mon Jul 12 09:38:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

I recently experimented with jp46 workflow. and I noticed some clearly
visible compression artefacts (at least it looks like that to me. also I
tried various differnt algorithms and converters with more or less same
result) - so I made another small (and quite rough) test-sery:

http://danubepanorama.net/testing/jp4-comparison/

It seems to be - varying with the content - that one should go for
highest possible compression quality (more or less 100%) otherwise you
are likely to have some artefacts due to JPEG compression?

best,
m,-