[Elphel-support] camera triggering

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sun Jul 4 18:15:52 PDT 2010

> I tried on multiple cameras. In free running mode and in triggered slave
> mode the camera _always_ power pins 1 and 4 on the J15 connector. Only as
> soon as you use TRIG_OUT, the pins are off and the LED only blink on
> trigger.

Alexandre, you are right - that is my design error. The drivers used have
internal pull-up resistors on EN inputs only, not on IN ones. To prevent
LEDs from turning on while not programmed, you may solder a 4.7K..100K
resistor  between pins 1 and 2 of  U11  on the 10369 board. the pins are
close to each other, so you'll need a small physical size resistor - 0402 or
better 0201 so it will fit there. And make sure the pins are not shorted
together.

The U11 is located on the bottom side of the 10369 board, facing 10353.