[Elphel-support] mage Noise problem

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Sat Jan 30 13:40:52 PST 2010

Andrey,

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:10:40 -0700, Andrey Filippov <andrey at elphel.com>
wrote:

>>  2. However, resulting RAW and JPEG images have considerably different
>> brightness/contrast, suggesting that some parts of processing are done
>> differently to RAW than JPEG?

[skipped]

I'm terribly sorry - it appears I've managed to misinterpret results yet
one more time :-(

Here's how these images look like when opened in Photoshop:

http://www.ndl.kiev.ua/downloads/elphel/image_jpg.png
http://www.ndl.kiev.ua/downloads/elphel/image_raw8.png

So, not only images differ visually - even levels do look differently.
However, when I tried to use ImageMagick as you've suggested to convert RAW
to JPEG and different tool (IrfanView) for results visualization - they
match exactly indeed.

I promise to never use Photoshop again for any kind of images comparison!
And sorry once more for taking your time :-(

--
Good luck!                                     Alexander