[Elphel-support] Your camera doesn't work? Check the USB power!

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Fri Jan 29 09:42:40 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:

> It must be trivially simple to provide an USB led that can be inserted to
> print out 'the camera is on'.

Stefan, that will work only for the  cameras that has I/O board with USB. In
that case you may just plug in an optical mouse into USB - it will turn on
if the camera is powered.

Unfortunately the network PHY is not able to turn on LED when were is no
link. For some reason they did not provide "always on" LED setting for MII
and I missed that when designing the 353 - the older camera (and the 373)
had/has full software control of the network LEDs, so they can be used for
the status indication. Currently we use the LEDs only during reflashing
(when network is up) - they both go on during writing to flash and turn off
when done.