[Elphel-support] autolaunch camogm

Oleg oleg at elphel.com
Thu Feb 18 15:08:04 PST 2010

Dear Scott,

Did you get the serial-to-usb cables from us? Could you use them to check
the bootlog messages? (I use 'minicom' program in kubuntu) At the boot time
you should be able to see:

1a. message in minicom during reboot with your /etc/launcher.conf.xml (the
same when run "php /etc/init.d/launcher.php"):

 * USB hub already initialized...                                      [ ok
> ]
>  * Setting CMOS clock from the system time...                [ ok ]
>  * Starting video streamer...                                            [
> ok ]
>  * Starting compas/GPS...                                             [
> none ]
> *launcher: run command: (/usr/local/sbin/camogm /var/state/camogm_cmd
> 2>&1  &) >  /dev/null
> launcher: finish*

1b. If the /etc/launcher.conf.xml is empty:

 * USB hub already initialized...                                      [ ok
> ]
>  * Setting CMOS clock from the system time...                [ ok ]
>  * Starting video streamer...                                            [
> ok ]
>  * Starting compas/GPS...                                             [
> none ]

*launcher: nothing to launch*

2. from telnet / http://192.168.0.9/phpshell.php

> # ps | grep camogm
>   843 root     20832 S    camogm /var/state/camogm_cmd
>   845 root      1472 R    grep camogm
> #

3. http://192.168.0.9/camogmgui/camogm_interface.php?cmd=status should have
an output similar to the contents of the attached camogm_state.txt. And if
the camogm is not running then you won't be able to access the page.

Best regards,
Oleg