[Elphel-support] reflashing problem over net-boot

Johannes Paiska jpaiska at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 13 03:20:27 PST 2010

First of all - what happened with the camera that it needs low-level
> reflashing?

Did it happen after some changes to the firmware or it just stopped working
> for no (obvious) reason?

I often used the trig mode 4 settings over parsedit (
http://192.168.0.9/parsedit.php?embed=0.1&title=External+trigger+controls&TRIG=4&TRIG-PERIOD=3840000....
.)

Whenever I forget to go from this mode back in standard mode and I turn off
the camera, next time, the camera doesn´t boot. I can´t connect to the
camera - no way. I forgot several times last year and I had to reflash every
time again! Maybe it´s a bug!

By the way, I get an archive error for 8.0.7. So I wanted to uploading the
8.0.5 again.

No LEDs on or flashing, yes?.

> Does the camera get power? You can check it by leaving it on for some long
> time and see it becomes warm (no software running will make it cooler than
> normal, but still warm)

No flashing... I have already changed the patch5 cable without success. No,
the camera becomes not warm after 10 minutes! I tried it on two PC´s.

But, if I connect the camera about the normal way with PSU and plugin the
cable, the yellow led lights - the green is dead. But the camera is not
responding about tcp. A query about "ping" runs in timeout!