[Elphel-support] Elphel Camera problems

Paul Shersby paul at film360.com
Fri Aug 27 11:39:17 PDT 2010

Hi,

Here is an update regarding a recent camera problem:

We thought it would be easy to install the source tree from CVS, build the
image, flash it and have the system running like after flashing the
precompiled images. What we essentially did is:

# make
(Now some files are missing in target.list.new, that's why we...) #
./add-missing-target-files (see attachment)

# make install
# make images
# ./netboot-test, our short driver script for convenience, see attachment.
It uses '-cmd update -reflash' on '/nfs/latest80'

After restarting the camera, str and lighttpd are not running, nmap shows
ftp, ssh and telnet on the usual ports and blackice-icecap on port 8081.
'mimg' on port 8081 delivers a one-pixel image. There is no access to
neither port 80(http) nor 554(rtsp).

On the serial port the camera complains about 'no such file or directory'
on:
php (in /mnt/flash/local/sbin as a dead symlink to
/mnt/flash/local/bin/php-fcgi, which is NOT there) <====
/usr/html/autocampars.php (is really there) /usr/html/detect_ioboard.php (is
really there) /etc/rc3.d/S99launcher.php (is really there as a symlink to
/etc/init.d/launcher.php, which is there) /usr/local/bin/lighttpd (this is
NOT there) <====

We would simply like to accomplish:
- build and flash the complete image from source as-is
- then modify 'apps/astreamer/rtsp.cpp' to respond with a
'Transport:'-string according to RFC2326:

* in unicast mode it should send 'server-port:XXX-XXX;', instead it sends
'port=XXX;', as is specified for multicast
  (not really - it is specified to be 'port=XXX-XXX;')