[Elphel-support] waterproof environment camera

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 15 03:04:45 PDT 2010

in elphel brouchure there is talk about ENC353L ( http://www3.elphel.com/files/Elphel_Brochure.pdf ) or should i look at for a outdoor wifi box?

> >> * RF shielding needed for VLF radio ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_low_frequency http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistler_%28radio%29 )
>
> VLF shielding would be just Faraday?
that what I thinking would do it :)

> >> * sound card two inputs (microphone and line-in
> from VLF
> >> radio)
>
> I guess the most 'easy' way would be adding an USB hub,
> with two USB
> soundcards, or a more expensive all in one solution.

are there any off-the-shelf usb sound cards that work with the elphel cameras?

> >> * HDR raw video recording
>
> Yes this is possible, in mov files. JP4/JP46

so what about sending a HDR tone mapped version via lan?

> >> * solar/battery powered setup
>
> The camera eats 48V (or with some additional hardware 12V)
> I guess most
> solar panels give 12V to 24V, so you can team something
> up.

Apertus project may be able to help
http://cinema.elphel.com/

> Stefan