[Elphel-support] Panorama camera

Björn Morén bjorn.moren at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:59:47 PDT 2010

Im trying to understand how to put together a miniature 360 panorama
camera using 4 image sensors, 4 miniature fisheye lenses and your OEM
components. I want to capture still images from the four cameras as
JPEG, and save them to an attached harddrive. This capture is
controlled by a remote switch.

Reading your brochure it seems that I need:
1 x 10353 system board, to connect one sensor
4 x 10338 sensor front end
1 x 10359 multi sensor board to connect three more sensors
1 x IO board to connect the SATA HDD and the cable that triggers a
capture. I also like to connect a GPS using USB.

Is this correct?

What amount of programming will be required to make this work? Do I
have write all the system board code myself, or do I just have to
configure the board through the web interface?

I have no experience with Linux. Does the system support Windows?

What maximum capture rate can I expect at full 5 MP resolution? 15 fps?

Regards
Bjorn

(BTW, I tried to register for the mailing list, but got a page not
found message)