[Elphel-support] Fwd: GPS data log bug - 353E

Alexandre Poltorak alexandre.poltorak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:37:44 PDT 2010

Hi Phil,

First of all as Andrey told, camera CPU resources are limited. If recording
MOV files with 90% quality worked usually for you, let's continue this way
and extract GPS and Compass data in post-production.

Using GEO option in camogmgui make camogm create many files. But IMHO what
take more CPU time is refreshing the list of files in camogmgui. (we should
probably make it refresh on demand only).

If you want you can play a bit with camogm options and see with what
parameters it fit in to the 10353 IDE/SATA bandwidth. (also running on the
small 200 MHz CPU) The bandwidth available for on-disk recording should be
~18MB/s.

Now what could be done without CPU overkill:
- use the recorded MOV files to extract GPS and Compass data and generate
custom KML / KMZ / or whatever files
- make it in realtime from http://192.168.0.9:8081/meta , by refreshing this
URL you will get all EXIF data from last frame. You can write a parser to
generate anything from this info.

Best regards,
Alexandre