[Elphel-support] Sensors

Andreas Bean office at beanbox.com
Thu Apr 1 10:26:20 PDT 2010

Andreas Bean schrieb:
> Stefan de Konink schrieb:
>
>> Op 01-04-10 16:24, Andreas Bean schreef:
>>
>>> STMicroelectronics have new sensors on the market. A three axis
>>> gyroscope LG4200D and a combined sensor, three axis acceleration and
>>> three axis magnetic, LSM303DLH
>>>

>> <http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/productcatalog/app?path=/comp/stcom/PcStComRPNTableView.onClickOfRPNLink&code=250145>,
>>
>>> Both are digital and have a I²C interface. You might consider adding
>>> them to your new board. That would be great!
>>>
>> You mean instead of the Ocean Server module? I thought you actually ment
>> an image sensor ;) But considering the specs probably only
>> accelerometer/magnetometer. Most likely a daughter board is prefered
>> considering the space *and* the magnetic properties.
>>
> In fact the magnetic sensor is not so important. The gyros and the
> acceleration sensors are enough for flying.
> And yes, previously I meant the image sensors. I want to build a flying
> full-sphere panoramic cam.
> For that we need the help of Oleg, connecting four sensor boards and
> combining the pictures of four sensors
> into one video frame.
> The sensors are 4x4mm each, I think Andrey can find a place for them if
> he is interested.

I have to correct myself. The sensors are under evaluation and will be
available in the future. And with 4x4mm I mean the MEMS not the image
sensors. That was confusing I think. The MEMS are interesting for image
stabilization, that's why I'm thinking it's of general interest to add
them to the new board.