[Elphel-support] jp4 compression software?

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:41:16 PST 2009

JP4 rearranges same color pixels from the bayer pattern in 8x8 pixel
blocks to reduce high image frequencies that a pure bayer pattern would
have (better for JPEG compressor as JPEG basically reduces the most
detailed information = highest image frequency first).

I am afraid there is no other code than the FPGA that shows how to
create JP4.

Are you building a camera and want to compress the images in the camera?

Regards Sebastian