[Elphel-support] combining frames

Andreas Bean office at beanbox.com
Tue Dec 8 01:03:48 PST 2009

Hello Oleg,

I just tested the new mode with the sources from cvs. I updated the files:

10359_controls.html
10359_modes.php
test_inner_10359.php
x359.bit

------------ x359.bit v1.9 from cvs ---------------

After the following procedure

1) camvc, set on tab 5 horizontal to half, vertical to full -> 1296x1920
2) set cam to triggered mode using
http://10.0.0.9/parsedit.php?embed=0.1&title=External+trigger+controls&TRIG=4&TRIG_PERIOD=19200000&TRIG_DELAY&EARLY_TIMESTAMP=1&THIS_FRAME=@&TRIG_CONDITION=0&TRIG_OUT=0&SENSOR_REGS30=@

** result 1 **
3) enable combining by pressing the button "Alternation mode with
buffering" and having "Combine into one frame" checked
http://10.0.0.9/359/10359_controls.html

--> result: buffered frame is scrambled, buffered and unbuffered frame
flipping

** result 2 **
3) enable combining by pressing the button "Alternation mode"
--> result: no combined frame, I guess thats ok

** result 3 **
3) enable combining by using your previous script
http://10.0.0.9/359/10359_combining.php?x=1296&y=960&mode=on
<http://192.168.0.9/359/10359_combining.php?x=1296&y=960&mode=on>

--> result: position and brightness of the combined frame is unstable

---------- x359.bit from your email 20091201 ------------

combining frames works fine for buffering A + B.

================================

conclusion:

with the x359.bit from cvs I got the same problems like the ones I got
when I testet the "alternation mode with buffering" without combining.
Additionally the frame of sensor one and of sensor two are
interchanging. Contrary, the version with buffering of A+B worked out of
the box. I had no problem at all with it. Unfortunately buffering A+B is
not sufficient due to the limited bandwidth.
The question is: Does it make sense to keep the version which buffers B
only?
I propose to move on to A+B/C+D version which improves stability and
bandwidth.

Andreas