[Elphel-support] combining frames

Elphel Support List list-ticket at elphel.com
Mon Dec 7 13:22:14 PST 2009

Hi Andreas,

> But the sensor doesn't give the full field then, does it? If I got it
> right it starts at the starting row and column and shows a window with
> the specified width and height.
Yes

> Yes that's the mode I'm speaking of. Scaling the full field to 1296x960
> and then combining the frames together.
Clear. I'll add scaling to 10359_controls.

> Is it very difficult to implement the alternating A+B / C+D memory
> buffering? Because its important to have the frames taken at the same
> time. Since buffering of A+B and read-out of C+D and vice versa can
> happen at the same time a framerate of 22fps should be possible. Can you
> try that? That would be great.

They are taken at the same time (from the same trigger).
While one going through directly, another is being buffered and after the first frame is done the read from the buffer starts. And as 1296x960 allows ~44fps the vertical doubling will make it twice less.

Oleg