[Elphel-support] NC393 Cameras rebooted unexpectedly [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

XIONG, Norman nxi at ansto.gov.au
Tue Jan 31 15:32:38 PST 2023

Dear Elphel support team,

We have two NC393 cameras (see attached NC303-1137-I.pdf for details). We use a PoE capable router to provide power and networking.
Somehow, the two cameras rebooted randomly. We are unable to find out what the cause is.
The Linux OS only provide logs since the most recent boot, e.g.,
root at elphel393:~# last -x
root     pts/0        192.168.0.20     Tue Jan 31 23:06   still logged in
runlevel (to lvl 5)   4.19.0-xilinx-v2 Tue Jan 31 22:40 - 23:11  (00:31)
reboot   system boot  4.19.0-xilinx-v2 Tue Jan 31 22:40 - 23:11  (00:31)

I am trying to figure out if the reboot was due to PoE stability, but can't find a clue to confirm.
​I've attached some important system log files in this email. Can you help us to determine the cause of the issue?
Thanks.

Regards,

Dr Norman Xiong
Scientific Software Engineer
Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Tel
Email
Web
+61 2 9717 7008
NORMAN.XIONG at ansto.gov.au<https://exchnlb-b51.ansto.gov.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=d49cfec1ed6d483489b2b97e6981cdd1&URL=mailto%3aNORMAN.XIONG%40ansto.gov.au>
www.ansto.gov.au<https://exchnlb-b51.ansto.gov.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=d49cfec1ed6d483489b2b97e6981cdd1&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ansto.gov.au%2f>

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the intended addressee. It is confidential to the intended addressee and may contain privileged information and or copyright material. If this email is not intended for your attention, any use, printing, storage , reproduction or further disclosure of this communication (including all attachments) is strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or email and immediately delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.