[Elphel-support] Building firmware

Richard Rigby rrigby at redzone.com
Wed Mar 21 16:01:23 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have trying to build the firmware and flash the camera however I have not
been successful. I build the firmware on my machine and the used the web
interface to upload the new firmware to the camera, however this bricked
the camera. Do you have any advice about why this may have happened?

I then used the latest firmware release which I downloaded and wrote to SD
card. I was able to boot from SD card and then upload the same downloaded
firmware to the camera via the web interface. I was then able to boot off
the NAND again so he camera was no longer bricked :)

I then tried to add extra files onto the SD card, however the camera would
not boot from SD card after adding extra files. Is it not possible to add
files to filesystem on the SD card.

I would like to be able to flash the camera with custom firmware with
additional services running on the camera. Will this be easy to do?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

*Richard Rigby*
Software Developer

www.redzone.com

 Ph: +64 9 479 9901

Fax: +64 9 479 9904

13 Tarndale Grove • Albany • Auckland 0632 • New Zealand