[Elphel-support] Asking for advice

Duncan DE WEIRELD [130792] Duncan.DEWEIRELD at student.umons.ac.be
Fri Sep 1 05:53:31 PDT 2017

Hi,

I’m a student of the University of Mons (UMONS) in Belgium and this year i will be making a memoir on the teleoperation of a NAO robot using an HTC VIVE.

The goal of this project is to place the user « in the head » of the robot and allowing him a full control of the body.

I plan on fixing a 3D camera on the head of the robot and livestreaming the video feed in the Vive app. But i don’t know what kind of camera i could use for this purpose.

I need a resolution of 1200*1080 per eye and a very low latency of transmission. I thought that maybe you could enlighten me on the type of camera that i should use.

Best regards

Duncan De Weireld