[Elphel-support] Record full res and stream compressed at the same time?

Elphel Support support-list at support.elphel.com
Sat Jul 22 19:52:20 PDT 2017

David,

Do you mean resolution or JPEG quality?

Different JPEG quality can be achieved with the same FPGA code, but different software if you use less that all 4 channels - run 2 compressors from the same sensor channel.

Different resolution simultaneously can only be achieved if the sensor runs at full resolution, and FPGA reduces resolution. That mode is not implemented as it is limited to the same (lowest of 2) frame rate, defined by the sensor. So it is not possible to combine low fps/high resolution and high fps/low resolution from the same sensor, only what can be done is similarly to 353 - short interruptions of the stream to get full resolution images (simple application can record them to the ssd).

Probably the most practical solution (having 4 sensor channels on the same camera - dedicate one sensor for streaming, others - for high-res recording.

Andrey

---- On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 18:45:23 -0700 David McPike <davidmcpike at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi All,

I can't seem to find a clear explanation on this.  We are still primarily using the 353 cameras.  Is there a way to locally record high quality images via camogm and at the same time retrieve JPEG images with higher compression via imgsrv?

Thanks much,
David