[Elphel-support] Problems to detect timestamps

Jennifer Valle jvs1192 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 11:12:57 PST 2016

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information and quick response. We study in
detail what you proposed.

I'm going to explain a little what it will be our project.
Our goal is a multi-view synchronized capture for  3D analysis with 16
Elphel cameras (An example that has already been made in this university
<https://imatge.upc.edu/web/resources/free-viewpoint-video-fvv-multiview-data>
 )

   1. These analyzes can be of recordings stored on disk or in real time.
   Therefore the timestamps are very important in our project.
   2. Millisecond resolution would almost enough for what we want to do,
   but if we have a microseconds resolution would be better.
   3. The real-time processing does not want to do in the camera, we want
   to do on remote machines (inside a LAN) GPUs, etc.

What would be your recommendation for this particular project?

Kind regards,

Jennifer Valle