[Elphel-support] Older camera and still images - NC323-2

Mitch Davister mdavister at verizon.net
Mon Jul 6 15:25:30 PDT 2015

I picked up a couple of older generation cameras second hand and need a little help to get started.  First, I had no idea what IP they were set to, so after some packet snooping, I found out where they were and was able to connect to them.  I have them working through the HTML interface, grabbing a still image and displaying it.  I still am a long way from where I want to be.  I bought them because they use a full frame CCD sensor popular in astrophotography, in addition, they are reconfigurable.  I want to be able to get into several minute long exposures, right now the camera maxes out at about 4.09 seconds.  How hard is it to redefine the exposure length in seconds versus milliseconds?  At the least, I had planned on building my own frontend for the CCD, but if I can use what’s there, it would save a bunch of time and money.

Mitch Davister