[Elphel-support] Elphel 353 - Question about Focus

David Coto H. david.coto at visionaryigaming.com
Wed Jan 21 11:17:59 PST 2015

Hello Elphel,*

Model*: 353
*Camera release:* 8.2.15
*Sourcecode:* elphel353-8.2.15.tar.gz GNU GPL V3, FDL V1.3, GPL V2 Licenses
*Camera Serial Number: *00:0E:64:08:1C:FF

*Lens:* E3Z4518CS-MPIR

Just wondering if I can get some advice from you guys.
We are working in a project to replace our old///Sanyo/ VCC-/HD2100/
cameras, with Elphel ones, so far we really really like these cameras.
But we had have a hard time focusing our top shot, in the next image you
will appreciate the Elphel on the left and the Sanyo on the right:

We haven't been able to get the focus to show the cards as sharp that
with the Sanyo cameras.
The cards are a 124cm from the camera, and with the Sanyo ones we are
using a Pentax 5-50mm lens.
Any advice or recommendation you may have to help us out with this
project will be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.