[Elphel-support] Elphel (R) Model 353 Camera release 8.2.15 - BROKEN AFTER POWER CYCLE

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Tue Jan 20 14:44:40 PST 2015

Hello,

I've seen such pictures. This usually happens if the sensor phase (phase
compensation of the signals over the given cable) is set incorrectly.

Does the bad picture stay if you powercycle again?

1. Go to *http://[camera-ip]  > System Preferences > Status Report* -
please download and send the report archive (report.tar.gz) to us.

2. Possible fix: rename the settings file:
2a. go to http://*[camera-ip]*/phpshell.php
2b. type the following commands:

> *mv /etc/autocampars.xml /etc/autocampars.xml_bkp*
> (autocampars.xml_bkp is an example)

*sync*

*reboot -f* (the camera will be rebooting, so the page will hang) - or
> powercycle

A default settings file will be created as a result.

3.

> Also I tried to reflash the camera following this procedure:
>
> http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Reflashing_to_version_8_firmware_using_the_Elphel_LiveDVD

These instructions are for the older version of Live CD.

But it seems that the liveCD (usb), that came with the camera is a
> different version of the manual and it is not working as expected.

I'll need to check the exact steps... what kind of problems do you get?
* Download the image archive
* Drag and drop the archive on the (discovered) camera icon
The possible problems might occur with the network settings - the camera is
not in the 192.168.0.x subnet, for example.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124