[Elphel-support] Question about board versions and software    versions...

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Tue Aug 18 18:19:44 PDT 2015

Hello Todd, current firmware should work with all previous hardware versions for the 10353 (at least "D" and "E") boards. The hardware differences inside rev "E" were caused by just the components becoming obsolete and unavailable - we tested them and if needed added support for the new flash chips (keeping support for old ones of course).

On the other hand very old firmware (7.x - it was replaced in January 2009) will not work with the new flash chips. Additionally that old software had very limited support of the flash memory bad blocks (it did not work for bad blocks in the Linux kernel area), so just reflashing old software on old boards may fail.

Andrey

---- On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:57:51 -0700 TODD KUENY <tkueny at redzone.com> wrote ----

I have two types of Elphel boards: One with MICRON NAND and one ST NAND (images below). Both are marked “Revision E."

Is it true that Version 8.0+ is required for the MICRON NAND?

Will 8.0 also run on older boards?

Is it true that Version 7.X will run on Micron NAND only with kernel mods?