[Elphel-support] Extension of stereobase and elongation sensor's cable length

Клещенков Анатолий aktech at inbox.ru
Thu Apr 16 11:53:12 PDT 2015

16.04.2015 23:20, Oleg пишет:

>      I found that next values are:
>
>     SENSOR_PHASE - 0x9
>     MULTI_PHASE1 - 0x100b0.
>

> 1.
> I don't know.
> With SENSOR_PHASE unchanged try several points within each quarter
> for MULTI_PHASE1, e.g.:
> 0x8ff70, 0x80000, 0x80070,
> 0x9ff70, ...
> 0xaff70, ...
> 0xbff70, 0xb0000, 0xb0070.

We got a good results with 0x1ff80 value for MULTI_PHASE[n] in both
channels without changing SENSOR_PHASE.

> Sometimes a phase shifter (digital clock manager in the fpga) can get
> stuck - so it's safer to set 15th bit to 1 to reset it.
> You can try with a 450mm cable if the long one can be easily disassembled.
>
> 2.
> How exactly do you connect 2 cables? picture?
> Any difference in the voltage levels on the ends between 450mm and
> 900mm setups?
Have not been measured.

> 3.
> If both images are broken in the same manner then try to change
> the SENSOR_PHASE.
At first we get a broken images at same manner. By the way, if we use
450 mm cable with MULTI_PHASE = 0x1ff80 we get same problem, so
MULTI_PHASE is strongly depends on cable length.

> Best regards,
> Oleg Dzhimiev
> Electronics Engineer
> phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124
> Elphel, Inc.

Now we can use our stereo-setup for further experiment. Thank you for
fast help!

PS
If the experiment will give us a good results we intend to expand a
stereobase for second setup at the same manner. In with case we will
order to you addition cables.
Do you offer now a sensor board (compatible with our 10359) with
monochrome sensor? If so what type of sensor installed into such board?

--
С уважением, Клещенков Анатолий.
г. Ростов-на-Дону
e-mail: aktech at inbox.ru