[Elphel-support] question about elphel 353 camera

Shane Sanford shane.sanford at concurrent.us
Mon Mar 31 01:33:24 PDT 2014

Wei,

First I’m just another Elphel user.  Secondly I’m by no means a OpenCV expert but I’m not sure you can directly do what you are trying.

Please read the following explanation that describes the problem and one possible solution better than I can.

 <http://techify.giridharsweb.com/2012/08/05/read-image-from-url-into-opencv/> http://techify.giridharsweb.com/2012/08/05/read-image-from-url-into-opencv/

In essence reading from the camera using  <http://192.168.0.9:8081/bimg> http://192.168.0.9:8081/bimg is no different than loading a static jpg out on the web and I’m sure there are plenty of other examples how to do this.

I’ve written a MS Visual C++ program to read images from the camera that I could probably share but there are some added complexities using VC++ because .net doesn’t always play nice with Elphel header for some reason – something I keep meaning to look into more but never find the time.  So you are probably better off using something other than .net framework if at all possible.

Anyway, hope this helps…

Shane