[Elphel-support] Bad line-scan output

Linden Mills-Connery lmillsc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:37:47 PDT 2014

One of my clients NC353L cameras has started to intermittently produce bad
output images:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DQmOIFH9KVV3ZDZzFIR3V3WThZblJNeDhKd3RHNmZZdFBZ/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DQmOIFH9KVVy1TX05WTGk0bm1PeEtQRFE4N09pdDNaTDh3/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DQmOIFH9KVd05MUnB5VDNHVV9xN0VnZXVQdHdOc3ZYcTJF/edit?usp=sharing

A few notes on the setup:
-the camera is running in line scan mode (2 pixel wide)
-the problem seems to be intermittent:
   -rebooting the camera has solved the issue for a brief time
   -the problem occurs one day but not the next

I am going to get the client to take some steps to try and isolate the
problem next time it occurs:
-if it occurs in line scan mode, when switching back to full frame mode,
are the images still garbled
-confirm the problem occurs on the camera and not in our software

Looking for any leads you might have... Hoping it is just a bad sensor that
can be switched.

Thanks,

Linden Mills-Connery