[Elphel-support] stereo camera with BW CCD

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Sep 5 00:36:52 PDT 2013

>In fact for my application, I had to buy (at some Chinese website)  longer cables and I just installed only one on one channel, keeping the original medium long on the other: is it a possible cause of the problem ?

Daniel, yes - it can cause problem - those that are visible on the first image. Do you see what I mean?
As for the original problem - I think it is very unlikely to be related.

As for the clock-to-data phase adjustment - it should be possible to adjust the phase for that particular sensor to fix it. What is the length of the new cable and what was the original one?

Here is why this adjustment is needed:
In the camera we do not use the output clock from the sensor, because in some instances when it is "not happy" it stops the clock, and the FPGA depends on continuous sesnor-synchronous clock. So FPGA uses internal clock and adjusts the phase of the data strobe to latch the incoming data. and when the length of the cable changes, so does the phase of the incoming data.