[Elphel-support] Some questions about Elphel 353

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Wed May 29 09:46:28 PDT 2013

Hello Angel,

There are several ways to read uncompressed data from the camera, but they were never meant to be used for streaming - just to be able to verify compression and other processing in the camera. You may find a demo raw.php ( http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/elphel/elphel353-7.1/packages/web/353/php_top/raw.php?view=markup ) in the camera, it allows to read the uncompressed data, but you have to start/stop the image acquisition to get multiple frames (or run at very low FPS) - the readout is slow using PIO (not DMA as in the normal compressed mode). I never tried to measure FPS with uncomressed data - I would expect it will be at least 10 times slower than in JP4 mode.

Andrey

---- On Tue, 28 May 2013 14:53:56 -0700 Angel Torres <angel.torres.moreira at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hello,

I'm Angel, a student trying to get raw streaming from the camera.

Our problem is we can't afford a jpeg decoding in the host (CPU is
needed for another process), even if we configure camera in JP4 mode
with Q=100, reading the stream is still a jpeg that needs
decoding+debloq+demosaic.

Is it a possible way to get a real RAW streaming?, even if it's slower
than sending jpg or even if we have to sacrifice some fps.