[Elphel-support] Question about an item on the "Sensor Table"

Greg Griffith greg.griffith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 18:46:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

I Ran into the "sensor table" on the wiki (
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Sensors_table). I noticed that it
mentions the following in reference to the FTF3020  "Should be the first
35mm CCD, with reduced area a 5MP @ 24fps video is possible (but needs
mechanical shutter)". I was wondering if anyone had any data on
this possibility as I have a couple left over from another project and
would be interested in trying this idea out. I've never used more than one
output on the sensor and am not sure of the readout direction of the bottom
half of the sensor, if it goes bottom up I can't see how the readout window
could be reduced. But wanted to see if this claim was
ever substantiated before spending the time on it.

Thanks
Greg Griffith