[Elphel-support] elphel queries

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Sep 27 17:01:16 PDT 2012

 > No. We use our own raw format - JP4. We have tools for converting it to other formats.
Including those that can be opened by dcraw

> > The camera can run in different modes:
> > a. the default is "free run" - after an image is requested the latest one willl be downloaded.
 > Don't get what this means? Where will it be downloaded to?

Venkat, different modes are not about were the images will be downloaded, but rather when they will be acquired and if they will be synchronized with some events.

>> The trigger command for is:
>> http://192.168.0.9:8081/trig/pointers

Is there a wget or CGI command to trigger taking a picture then?

It is possible to specify camera parameters, wait for them to be set, wait for image and return it to the host - but such sequence would be rather slow because of the nature of the sensors. This is why we normally separate camera control and image acquisition, so the latency is minimal. Those issues are discussed in the article http://www3.elphel.com/linuxdevices/articles/AT4187053130.html

In addition to the general purpose web server (lighttpd) that works with php5 over FastCGI (so you can modify/write your own API) camera has a dedicated image server optimized for fast image transfer. It is binded to the port 8081 and if requested without any parameters returns mini help page ( http://192.168.0.9:8081/ (assuming default camera IP 192.168.0.9 )

You can find documentation on our wiki:
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Imgsrv