[Elphel-support] How to unbrick the camera?

niknah niknah at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 18 16:00:27 PDT 2012

Hi, does any know how to unbrick the 353L camera?

I had installed a non-working kernel into the camera.  So it doesn't start
any more.
But I can't put a new working kernel into it.
Using elphel_8.2.8

I am...
* Toggling power 5 times until lights appear.
* Run "netboot .... -cmd rw", I get a JUMP response.  (Tried "-cmd update"
too)
* Wait 3 minutes(orange light is still on).
* Camera does not respond to ping or send nfs requests to the server.
* So I toggle power 5 times, run "-cmd boot",   Doing a -cmd boot without
toggling the power just get stuck at "Starting boot..."
* Still no response.

I've tried other nfs servers too, no response.  The
mnt/flash/etc/reflash.conf points to the correct ip address.  But I can't
ping the camera so it may not be getting up to that stage.

I had used reflash.php via the web before and it was working, but not
"netboot"

Thank you.

./netboot -d eth0 -mac 000E04081B2C 192.168.0.119:/nfs/latest80 -ip
192.168.0.9 -cmd rw

Using internal boot loader: INTERNAL_NW - Network boot (default).
Using internal boot loader: INTERNAL2 - Level2 boot.
Starting boot...
Connected. Booting device with random id 1f2f3963.

Device ID = 1f2f3963
This bootloader compiled by hankin Thu Sep 20 23:53:23 EST 2012.
Checksum of bootloader is 0x00509700
Waiting for load info.
Got load info.
SET_REGISTER