[Elphel-support] Reflash questions.

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Nov 19 12:29:47 PST 2012

Hi niknah,

How long should the reflash take?  It takes 18+ minutes via netboot for me.

It takes 2 minutes max. You launch the netboot script, set camera into the
netboot mode then wait until the yellow LED goes off and power cycle.
You could try to download our llie dvd -
kubuntu-elphel-4.iso<http://community.elphel.com/files/live-dvd/> and
reflash from it.

What's a good way to make changes to the kernel modules?  Is there a way to
> compile the drivers as a loadable module?  Instead of having to compile +
> reflash on every change.

You can compile a module and then upload the results on the camera via ftp.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124