[Elphel-support] Exposure priority

Dimitrios dz at telemetry.gr
Thu Jan 5 06:24:16 PST 2012

Andrey

Thank you for the detailed reply. I see, the proper way of doing it
should be using the PHP API rather than hacking camvc. camvc is still
the most convenient way for interacting with the camera and lends itself
easily to hacking for the impatient.

I'll try to determine what would be tolerable for noise in the images
for my project and play with gain accordingly.

One of the other requirements for this project is to be able to get
single snapshots from the camera with a software trigger. I do this now
with imgsrv, however camogm offers a very efficient way of packing
frames in a .mov container, while, on the other hand, saving a great
number of single files on the camera's HDD/CF may not be that efficient.
Is there a way of getting single frames saved on demand using camogm?
That would allow, for example, to automate taking snapshots every x
distance instead of every 1/fps seconds.

Regards
Dimitrios