[Elphel-support] Exposure priority

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Tue Jan 3 15:31:25 PST 2012

Dimitrios,

I recommend you to play with autocampars.php (that calls parsedit.php) or
with parsedit.php directly (if you open it w/o parameters it will open a
page with some examples). It is important to understand, that there is no
such thing as "currtent settings" in the camera - the parameters are
applied with different latencies that match the in-camera pipeline
(sensor->FPGA->CPU), accounting fro different sensor latencies for
different parameters. parsedit.php lets you to specify - which frame to
apply parameters. Hardware (FPGA) supports an 8-frame deep queue for the
parameters, 5 of them can be used to write parameters ahead of the target
frame.

As for "gain priority" there is no such algorithm implemented - the
autoexposure daemon (apps/autoexposure) handles both WB and exposure, but
gains are only adjusted for WB.

Andrey