[Elphel-support] Exposure priority

Dimitrios dz at telemetry.gr
Tue Jan 3 11:34:37 PST 2012

Happy New Year to all!

I've got a question for auto-exposure:

Is there a way to set auto-exposure priority to exposure so that when
the camera tries to find a solution for a given lighting condition, it
tries first to adjust gain and then exposure? I believe the default is
'gain priority' i.e. adjust exposure until lighting is within required
limits while keeping gain fixed.

Fixed exposure is needed when shooting from a car, where high exposure
values lead to blurred images. I am currently using the max-exposure
setting, but that doesn't make the camera adjust the gain.

Thanks
Dimitrios