[Elphel-support] more about my problems with the HDD

Carlos Padial palidoestudio2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:54:51 PST 2012

Hi,

i have been using the camera and i'm happy about the kit and the
lenses, it match my entire expectations and i'm digging into the
wiki...

you can see a video of some advances here http://vimeo.com/35912730

i'm having a lot of problems about network configurations, so i think
many of my problems come from this and the router
but i still have a lot of strange issues also with the hdd.

camogm no longer recognice it, even letting me record.
and now the hdd folder has dissapeard...
if i telnet into the camera and create the folder and mount the hdd with

mount /dev/hda1 /var/hdd

nothing happens and when i restart (with reboot -f) the hdd folder
isn't there...

[root at Elphel353 /var]842# cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   3     0  117220824 hda
   3     1   50110932 hda1
  31     0     131072 mtdblock0
  31     1        256 mtdblock1
  31     2       7936 mtdblock2
  31     3      24576 mtdblock3
  31     4      81920 mtdblock4
  31     5      12288 mtdblock5

before formatting it says     3    1    117220820 hda1
is this value the size of the partition ---------^    or is the remaining space?

im searching about mtdblock1, 2, 3 but cant find any... are there
related to usb? can i format the entire hda?

i understand the filesystem are not in the hda, right?

im pretty lost with this (i'm reading about managing partitions
"outside gparted" :)  but any orientation are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance